Instead of copying and pasting everything from reddit, I’ll just link to the actual thread, a list of resources:
I discovered this about a year too late, and most of the US activism bits already passed. It looks like these are still relevant:
- Here is a list of companies that have bowed to China’s various censorship demands, over Hong Kong and other issues. Do what you will with that information. (More on this at r/BoycottChina)
- You can write a message to the government of Hong Kong through Amnesty International. It’s only a small gesture, but quick and easy to do.
- Petition the United Nations to condemn Hong Kong Police for excessive use of force and call for an independent inquiry.
- Request the International Court of Justice to investigate use of excessive force by the Hong Kong Police.
- Really disappointed to see Apple on the list. (This and the CSAM controversy had me disable iCloud Photos and transferring photos to my laptop via cable.)
- Already knew about Blizzard & Activision-Blizzard being on the list. I haven’t bought anything from them since Diablo 3, partly because of Hong Kong and also because of the sexual harassment allegations.